Cheese Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, salt and cayenne to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in Gruyere and mustard.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 appetizers equals 68 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese Puffs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.