- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, salt and cayenne to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in Gruyere and mustard.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheese Puffs
"not a lot of flavor"
"Loved these! Made them for a tailgate party. They were gone in no time."
"I made these and I used grated cheddar and you can substitute with any cheese really (my sister in law used some blue cheese) They were a hit many asking "What are these?" in between bites and then helping themselves to more. They couldn't believe they were so simple to make!!"
"These were so bland! No one touched them."
"I just love these.I make them when ever I have a party."
"can these be made ahead of time?"