Don't let the basic ingredients fool you—this recipe has anything but ordinary taste. The hearty potatoes have a wonderful cheesy flavor and melt in your mouth. They're simple to prepare and impressive to serve. — Deborah Amrine, Grand Haven, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook potatoes in butter until
- crisp-tender and lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour milk over all; cover and cook until milk is absorbed. Sprinkle
- with cheese; stir until melted. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 500 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 17 g protein.