Cheese Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the potato, onion, celery, carrot, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- 2. Stir in mixed vegetables and chicken soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese just until melted (do not boil). Yield: 5 cups.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium bouillon, reduced-fat reduced-sodium soup and reduced-fat cheese) equals 211 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 1,087 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.