Our Test Kitchen downsized this family-favorite soup from Katie Peat of Palmer, Illinois. “It’s creamy and smooth, and easy to make,” says Katie. “I serve it with sandwiches or crackers and dip.”
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the potato, onion, celery, carrot, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in mixed vegetables and chicken soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese just until melted (do not boil). Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Vegetable Cheese Soup in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p39
Reviews for Cheese Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review