Cheese Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the potato, onion, celery, carrot, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in mixed vegetables and chicken soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese just until melted (do not boil). Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews for Cheese Potato Soup(3)
Sort By :
I did not make this soup - based on the ingredients alone it does not deserve a 5 star rating
I appreciate the nutrition breakdown! I cook from scratch to increase the nutritional value of my food.Lower the sodium and increase the quality of this soup by using real cheese such as colby jack. Make your own cream soup dry base mix to further lower the sodium content and increase the nutritional value. Use MSG free chicken base.I like the recipe on line that uses mashed potato flakes and thyme - very cost effective to reduce sodium and give up the canned soup route
Much, too much sodium. Would not even
attempt. Thanks for the information ahead of time.
My family and I love this soup! It is easy to prepare and very tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Cheesy Potato Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >