Cheese Potato Puff
I enjoy entertaining and always look for recipes that can be made ahead of time. I got this comforting potato recipe from my mother-in-law. It's wonderful because I can prepare it the night before. It contains basic ingredients that everyone loves like milk and cheddar cheese.
-Beverly Templeton, Garner, Iowa
8-10 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled (about 5 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- Minced chives, optional
- Place potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon
- salt; cook until tender. Drain; mash potatoes until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the butter, cheese, milk and
- remaining salt until smooth. Stir into potatoes; fold in eggs. Pour
- into a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until puffy and golden
- brown. Sprinkle with chives if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 379 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.