Cheese Potato Puff Recipe
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled (about 5 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Minced chives, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook until tender. Drain; mash potatoes until smooth.
- 2. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the butter, cheese, milk and remaining salt until smooth. Stir into potatoes; fold in eggs. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Sprinkle with chives if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 379 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Cheese Potato Puff
"I would rate this delicious food five stars, but it is lacking in the cheese and salt department. I also added chives, which made it amazing. I added three teaspoons extra salt, and I plan on tripling the cheese next time"
"Love this!!!! It's going into my 'favorites' box!"
"We didn't care for this too much. It wasn't awful, but not something I would make again."
"Great with ham for Christmas! I put in more cheese and added the chives before baking. Yum!"
"I love being able to pre prepare this dish and cook it later."
"My family enjoys this recipe because it tastes like mashed potatoes and I like it because I can make it ahead. It's comfort food at its best. I also halved the recipe."
"Potatoes for a crowd. The cheese is a nice variation on regular mashed potatoes. I like it with the chives."
"This makes a great pot luck casserole or just for a family Sunday dinner..if it's a special occasion, I crumble several pieces of crisp cooked bacon and add some extra shredded cheese to the top during the last 10 mins of cooking..makes it extra special!"
"the recipe needs more flavor it tasted the same as a box recipe. I would try to add chives!"
"So easy and yummy. Going to use a sharper cheese next time. I halved the recipe too as it was HUGE."