Cheese Potato Puff
These are the highest, fluffiest, tastiest potatoes I've ever had. They can be made a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to bake. This dish is Mom's specialty, and we all especially love the part along the edge of the casserole dish that gets golden brown.
-Alyson Armstrong, Parkersburg, West Virginia
12-14 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- tender. Drain; mash potatoes. Add 1-3/4 cups cheese, milk, butter
- and salt; cook and stir over low heat until cheese and butter are
- melted. Fold in eggs.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5
- minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 226 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.