Cheese Potato Puff Recipe
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; mash potatoes. Add 1-3/4 cups cheese, milk, butter and salt; cook and stir over low heat until cheese and butter are melted. Fold in eggs.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Cheese Potato Puff(6)
Sort By :
I have been making this for years. Since I found this in my new Taste of Home magazine maybe 12 years ago? It is so light and fluffy and not to cheesy. I love it with meatloaf and chicken dishes especially.
These were really good. I made a half recipe using up some leftover mashed potatoes. They already had milk, butter, salt and pepper added. I heated them in the microwave, then added a little extra milk and 2T butter, some cheese and stirred together, then folded in 1 egg. They were really creamy, puffed nicely. We enjoyed them!
Nothing great, I threw most of it in the trash.
This is a favorite with family for Holiday meals.
This is an absolute favourite of ours, we make it regularly when we have visitors. The leftovers taste great too. Our kids love it as well.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >