I enjoy entertaining and always look for recipes that can be made ahead of time. I got this comforting potato recipe from my mother-in-law. It's wonderful because I can prepare it the night before. It contains basic ingredients that everyone loves like milk and cheddar cheese. -Beverly Templeton, Garner, Iowa
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled (about 5 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Minced chives, optional
- Place potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook until tender. Drain; mash potatoes until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the butter, cheese, milk and remaining salt until smooth. Stir into potatoes; fold in eggs. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Sprinkle with chives if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Potato Puff in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p25
Reviews for Cheese Potato Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review