Cheese Potato Packet
My dad has made these easy and delicious potatoes since I was little. The bacon adds to the smoky, grilled taste. —Shannon Talmage, Alexandria, Indiana
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and
- microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until almost tender. Meanwhile,
- in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially
- cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Drain potatoes. On a double thickness of greased heavy-duty foil
- (about 18 in. square), layer half of the potatoes, bacon, onion,
- cheese and butter. Repeat layers.
- Fold foil around potato mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered,
- over medium heat for 12-14 minutes or until potatoes are tender and
- cheese is melted. Carefully remove foil to allow steam to escape.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 548 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,063 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.