My dad has made these easy and delicious potatoes since I was little. The bacon adds to the smoky, grilled taste. —Shannon Talmage, Alexandria, Indiana
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until almost tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Drain potatoes. On a double thickness of greased heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square), layer half of the potatoes, bacon, onion, cheese and butter. Repeat layers.
- Fold foil around potato mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-14 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Carefully remove foil to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Potato Packet in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p37
Reviews for Cheese Potato Packet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review