Cheese Poke Muffins Recipe
Each little muffin has a bubbling center of savory cheese which is irresistible. They are a wonderful side to any main dish.—Katrina Rivera, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill eight greased muffin cups one-fourth full. Combine cheese and butter; spoon over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
1 each: 243 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Cheese Poke Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC