Each little muffin has a bubbling center of savory cheese which is irresistible. They are a wonderful side to any main dish.—Katrina Rivera, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill eight greased muffin cups one-fourth full. Combine cheese and butter; spoon over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
Originally published as Cheese Poke Muffins in Reminisce February/March 2008, p48
Reviews for Cheese Poke Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review