Cheese n Ham Strata Recipe
We love to hold potluck meals at our church, and this is the dish I make for those get-togethers. It always gets rave reviews.
- 5 cups cubed bread, divided
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place 3-1/2 cups bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with ham, green pepper and onion; sprinkle with cheeses.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the eggs, mayonnaise, pepper and cayenne. Pour over cheeses. Toss remaining bread cubes with butter. Sprinkle over soup mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 475 calories, 38 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 1,072 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese n Ham Strata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC