Cheese n Ham Strata Recipe
- 5 cups cubed bread, divided
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place 3-1/2 cups bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with ham, green pepper and onion; sprinkle with cheeses.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the eggs, mayonnaise, pepper and cayenne. Pour over cheeses. Toss remaining bread cubes with butter. Sprinkle over soup mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 475 calories, 38g fat (13g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 1072mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Cheese n Ham Strata
"Added a small can of chopped green chilies. Everyone loved it!!"