I often rely on these rich, cheesy meatballs for party appetizers. Or I serve them alongside a tossed salad for a quick meal in minutes. —Rachel Frost, Tallula, Illinois
- 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese Meatballs in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p17
Reviews for Cheese Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2015
"Very dry and tasteless. I had to add an egg to keep the meatball together on the cookie sheet."
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2015
"This was killer with venison, loved it."
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2013
"These were definitely a winner! I had no leftovers.... That is my goal"
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2013
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2012