I often rely on these rich, cheesy meatballs for party appetizers. Or I serve them alongside a tossed salad for a quick meal in minutes. —Rachel Frost, Tallula, Illinois
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs
- on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until the meat is no longer
- pink; drain. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 148 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.