Cheese Huckleberry Pie Recipe
This pie had a cookie-like press-in crust, a fluffy cream filling and a layer of luscious huckleberries on top. I think it really shows off the lovely dark glossy berries.—Dianne Doede, Trout Lake, Washington
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh or frozen huckleberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and sides of two greased 9-in. pie pans. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; stir in berries and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Cool.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, peel and vanilla until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon half into each crust. Spoon topping over filling. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 2 pies (12-16 servings).
1 serving (1 piece) equals 269 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese Huckleberry Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC