Cheese Huckleberry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh or frozen huckleberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and sides of two greased 9-in. pie pans. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; stir in berries and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Cool.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, peel and vanilla until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon half into each crust. Spoon topping over filling. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 2 pies (12-16 servings).
1 piece: 269 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cheese Huckleberry Pie
"I used raspberries this time!"
"This is very good. I don't know what huckleberries are, so I have used blueberries."