- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh or frozen huckleberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and sides of two greased 9-in. pie pans. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; stir in berries and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, peel and vanilla until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon half into each crust. Spoon topping over filling. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 2 pies (12-16 servings).
Originally published as Huckleberry Cheese Pie in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p57
Reviews for Cheese Huckleberry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2011
"I used raspberries this time!"
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2009
"This is very good. I don't know what huckleberries are, so I have used blueberries."