- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh or frozen huckleberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and sides of two greased 9-in. pie pans. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; stir in berries and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, peel and vanilla until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon half into each crust. Spoon topping over filling. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 2 pies (12-16 servings).
Originally published as Huckleberry Cheese Pie in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p57
Reviews for Cheese Huckleberry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2011
I used raspberries this time!
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2009
This is very good. I don't know what huckleberries are, so I have used blueberries.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes with Butter >
- Pie Recipes >