Cheese Garlic Bread
For the perfect bread for any dish, try this recipe. The melted cheese makes it irresistible.Helen Meadows, Huson, Montana
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter in saucepan; add garlic and oregano. Cut bread in half
- lengthwise; drizzle butter evenly over cut surface. Sprinkle with
- cheese and paprika. Broil 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and
- bread is golden brown. Cut into slices and serve. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 155 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.