- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices bread
- 8 slices process American cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 25 crackers)
- Oil for frying
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Top four slices with two cheese slices. Top with remaining bread, mayonnaise side down. Cut each sandwich into four triangles.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, milk and salt. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, then roll in cracker crumbs. Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
- In a skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry a few frozen sandwiches at a time for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheese Frenchy Sandwiches
"These are somewhat like our Monte Crista's.Can't wait to try as I am such a cheese/crispy lover."
"oops, forgot to click on star,Amy Council Bluffs Iowa"
"oh yum...as a teen in Lincoln Nebr. we hung out at Kings Restaurant, Cheese Frenchy sandwich were their speciality..can't go buy one now so will make them! AmyJo"