Cheese Flatbread Recipe
The convenience of frozen bread dough and dried herbs makes this treat about as easy as it gets. To boost fiber, you can also use frozen whole wheat bread dough. Sharon Delaney-Chronis - South Milwaukee, WI
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Spread with butter. Sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Prick the dough several times with a fork; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 111 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC