The convenience of frozen bread dough and dried herbs makes this treat about as easy as it gets. To boost fiber, you can also use frozen whole wheat bread dough. Sharon Delaney-Chronis - South Milwaukee, WI
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Spread with butter. Sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Prick the dough several times with a fork; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Flatbread in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p60
Reviews for Cheese Flatbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review