Cheese-Filled Shortbread Tartlets Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Fresh raspberries and mint sprigs, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In another bowl, beat the butter, flour, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place in greased miniature muffin cups; press onto the bottom and up the sides. Prick with a fork.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately run a knife around each tart to loosen completely. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- 4. Pipe or spoon 1 tablespoon cheese filling into each tart shell. Cover and refrigerate until set. Just before serving, garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 tartlet equals 121 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese-Filled Shortbread Tartlets
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.