Bite-size treats are a nice addition to a dessert buffet. You can store cooled, baked tart shells in an airtight container at room temperature overnight or in the freezer for a few weeks.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Fresh raspberries and mint sprigs, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In another bowl, beat the butter, flour, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place in greased miniature muffin cups; press onto the bottom and up the sides. Prick with a fork.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately run a knife around each tart to loosen completely. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Pipe or spoon 1 tablespoon cheese filling into each tart shell. Cover and refrigerate until set. Just before serving, garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese-Filled Shortbread Tartlets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p88
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cheese-Filled Shortbread Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review