- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Fresh raspberries and mint sprigs, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In another bowl, beat the butter, flour, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place in greased miniature muffin cups; press onto the bottom and up the sides. Prick with a fork.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately run a knife around each tart to loosen completely. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Pipe or spoon 1 tablespoon cheese filling into each tart shell. Cover and refrigerate until set. Just before serving, garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cheese-Filled Shortbread Tartlets
Sort By :
"my grandma made these... it's a keeper! she subbed marachino cherry for the raspberry. turned out just as cute & tasted excellent."
"Made these for Fourth of July picnic and the girls watched to see who took the plate because they were so good! Left over filling works well in phyllo cups as well."