Cheese-Filled Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread sour cream to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cheese-Filled Meat Loaf
Sort By :
Very good and different meatloaf. I made this for a family dinner and everyone liked it.
Best Meat Loaf
You just cant go wrong with olives, cheese, and sour cream!
My husband asks for this delicious meatloaf again and again!
This is the best meal loaf ever! I don't always have the olives on hand so I just leave them out and it's still amazingly delicious! One of our families favorites!