Cheese-Filled Lemon Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1 cup sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; mix well. Stir in lemon juice and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 8-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and remaining sugar; spoon over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cheese-Filled Lemon Coffee Cake(1)
Sort By :
This was very good! Baked the night before. Recipe said to refrigerate leftovers, so I did put it in the fridge overnight. I used 4 small lemons to get the required amount of zest & juice. Great flavor :)
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bundt Cake Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Lemon Cake >