Cheese-Filled Ginger Bread Recipe
I very rarely make special trips to the store for one or two forgotten groceries. I prefer to "wing it" in the kitchen. It was during one of those cooking experiments that I created this variation of honey nut bread.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first four ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and ginger. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and molasses until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Top with the reserved cream cheese mixture. Carefully spoon remaining batter over filling. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over bread. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 slice: 365 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Cheese-Filled Ginger Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC