Cheese-Filled Garlic Rolls Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 24 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 inch each), about 10 ounces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Divide dough into 24 portions. Shape each portion around a cheese cube to cover completely; pinch to seal. Place each roll in a greased muffin cup, seam side down. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix butter, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Brush over rolls; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 roll: 103 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cheese-Filled Garlic Rolls
"Big hit around our dinner table. Only downside was prep time and needing to plan in advance."
"These rolls are amazing. I always get compliments on them every time I make them. Tonight I will be making them for guests. I will double the recipe and only put cheese in half of them for those who don't want the cheese."
"Delicious! Pretty easy recipe, baked rolls made for a beautiful presentation. I followed recipe exactly, except for the fresh parsley."