To change up plain old dinner rolls, I added mozzarella. Now my family wants them at every gathering. I don't mind, even in a time crunch. — Rosalie Fittery, Philadelphia, PA
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 24 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 inch each), about 10 ounces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Divide dough into 24 portions. Shape each portion around a cheese cube to cover completely; pinch to seal. Place each roll in a greased muffin cup, seam side down. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Brush over rolls; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese-Filled Garlic Rolls in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews for Cheese-Filled Garlic Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review