Cheese-Filled Coffee Cakes Recipe
I began collecting interesting recipes years ago when I had dreams of owning a bed-and-breakfast. I never met that goal but came away with flavorful recipes like this.
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat sour cream, butter and water to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth; set aside. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four pieces. Roll each into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 3. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under. Place, seams side down, on two greased baking sheets. With a sharp knife, make deep slashes across the top of each loaf. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm loaves. Cool. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 loaves (10 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 132 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese-Filled Coffee Cakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC