Cheese-Filled Coffee Cakes Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat sour cream, butter and water to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth; set aside. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four pieces. Roll each into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under. Place, seams side down, on two greased baking sheets. With a sharp knife, make deep slashes across the top of each loaf. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm loaves. Cool. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 loaves (10 slices each).
Reviews for Cheese-Filled Coffee Cakes(4)
Sort By :
Tese got a rave from friends and the recipe has migrated from Alabama to the Chicago area.
This is amazing. I didn't change anything. Have brought it to several events and have been asked for the recipe every time. They have also asked me where I bought it because the presentation is beautful!
I meant BREAD FLOUR..Sorry.