I SAW this recipe in our local newspaper and modified it so that it serves two. Cheese Danish has become standard fare at our house. When company drops by, I simple double the recipe to accommodate my guests. They love this sweet treat, and so do I - it's delicious and preparation time is minimal. -Mary Margaret Merritt, Washington Court House, Ohio
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into two rectangles; place on an ungreased baking sheet and press the perforations together.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over half of each rectangle; fold dough over filling and pinch to seal. Brush with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Danish Dessert in Reminisce May/June 1996, p45
Reviews for Cheese Danish Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review