Cheese Cutout Sandwiches
These open-faced sandwiches are a cut above the rest! To make them, you simply use two kinds of cheese, ham, bread...and a cookie cutter. "They're easier than making cutout cookies and tasty, too," reports Gloria Porter of Grandin, North Dakota.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 2 slices process Swiss cheese
- Apple cookie cutter (2 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 slices fully cooked ham
- Cut cheese slices with cookie cutter. Place American cheese apples
- into Swiss cheese cutouts and Swiss cheese apples into American
- cheese cutouts; set aside. Spread butter on both sides of bread;
- brown both sides in a large skillet. Remove. Heat ham in the same
- skillet; place on bread. Top with cheese slices. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: If cookie cutter is sticking to cheese, dip the cutter in hot water first.