These open-faced sandwiches are a cut above the rest! To make them, you simply use two kinds of cheese, ham, bread...and a cookie cutter. "They're easier than making cutout cookies and tasty, too," reports Gloria Porter of Grandin, North Dakota.
Recommended: Tailgating Desserts
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 2 slices process Swiss cheese
- Apple cookie cutter (2 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 slices fully cooked ham
- Cut cheese slices with cookie cutter. Place American cheese apples into Swiss cheese cutouts and Swiss cheese apples into American cheese cutouts; set aside. Spread butter on both sides of bread; brown both sides in a large skillet. Remove. Heat ham in the same skillet; place on bread. Top with cheese slices. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Cutout Sandwiches in Crafting Traditions September/October 1997 , p10
Reviews for Cheese Cutout Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review