- Place string cheese around edge of pan; fold dough over cheese and
- pinch to seal. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 425°
- for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and green pepper over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl,
- combine the tomato sauce, oregano, pepper and garlic powder; spread
- over crust. Sprinkle with meat mixture, mushrooms and mozzarella.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden
- brown. Yield: 6-8 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 343 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 976 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.