Cheese Croutons Recipe
This old family recipe is very popular. We also use these croutons to top our favorite Italian Wedding Soup. Leftover croutons can be frozen and reheated in a 450° oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.Anita DelSignore, North Fort Myers, Florida
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to eggs. Spread evenly into a parchment paper-lined 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan; cut into 1-in. cubes. Increase temperature to 450°. Place cubes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes longer, turning once. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Cheese Croutons in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p20
Reviews for Cheese Croutons(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review