"The surprising crunch of these fun snacks makes them great for parties or anytime of day," assures Janelle Lee of Appleton, Wisconsin, who shares this simple, late-night recipe.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a bowl, cream the butter until fluffy. Slowly mix in the flour,
- salt and cayenne pepper. Stir in cheese and cereal. Shape into
- 1-1/2-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or
- cold. Yield: 32 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 302 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.