This Italian-style appetizer is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. My kids gobble up the crisps even without the fruity dipping sauce!
- 3 slices pancetta or bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a small skillet, cook pancetta in oil over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Drop Parmesan cheese by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets about 1 in. apart. Sprinkle with pancetta. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Remove from pans.
- Combine ricotta cheese and preserves; sprinkle with basil. Serve with crisps. Yield: 2 dozen (1-1/2 cups dip).
Originally published as Cheese Crisps with Ricotta Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p36
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheese Crisps with Ricotta Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review