- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced potatoes, drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese just until melted (do not boil). Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Cheese Chicken Soup
"i made this with cheddar cheese and it was yummy. i also added a drop of hot sauce"
"I love this"
"I switched it up and used ham in place of chicken and broccoli in place of mixed veggies. I also add hot sauce to taste. Going to use cream of broccoli soup next time. So easy to vary to any tastes."
"Sounded good, but did not make-too many calories, too much fat and too much sodium"
"My difference is to boil until tender (in as little water as possible):1 onion ? chopped2 small grated carrots1 large stalk celery ? choppedAdd to vegetables:1½ cups broth from chicken3 cups milk½ cup cornstarch1 pound Velveeta CheeseSalt and pepper to tasteSimmer 30 to 45 minutes after cheese melts.Mine is much better than using canned soup and frozen vegetables."
"Even tho this recipe sounds good, the amount of sodium is way too much for me.. which happens when using canned items.. not sure if this soup comes in low sodium & just how much sodium it would be then..maybe I'll check that out.."
"I have had this recipe for some time and make this soup often but usually use ham (or just leave the meat out) and often use frozen broccoli instead of the mixed veggies! Try it on a cold day! You'll be hooked too!"
"Creamy and delicious! I swapped the water for chicken broth and doubled most of the ingredients for a fuller pot. It's good enough for company AND sharing!"
"A very easy and fast recipe- I normally like to cook and not use prepackaged food but on chilly nights when I just want something simple I can throw this together. Next time I'm going to make this I'm going to use precooked chicken from the store to cut down the time even more!"
"I made this for a carry-in at work and everyone loved it. I substituted broccoli for the mixed vegetables, but followed the recipe everywhere else. It was very easy to make and was delicious."