- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced potatoes, drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese just until melted (do not boil). Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Cheese Chicken Soup
Sort By :
"I love this"
"I switched it up and used ham in place of chicken and broccoli in place of mixed veggies. I also add hot sauce to taste. Going to use cream of broccoli soup next time. So easy to vary to any tastes."
"Sounded good, but did not make-too many calories, too much fat and too much sodium"
"My difference is to boil until tender (in as little water as possible):1 onion ? chopped2 small grated carrots1 large stalk celery ? choppedAdd to vegetables:1½ cups broth from chicken3 cups milk½ cup cornstarch1 pound Velveeta CheeseSalt and pepper to tasteSimmer 30 to 45 minutes after cheese melts.Mine is much better than using canned soup and frozen vegetables."
"Even tho this recipe sounds good, the amount of sodium is way too much for me.. which happens when using canned items.. not sure if this soup comes in low sodium & just how much sodium it would be then..maybe I'll check that out.."