- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced potatoes, drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese just until melted (do not boil). Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Cheese Chicken Soup
Sort By :
"i made this with cheddar cheese and it was yummy. i also added a drop of hot sauce"
"I love this"
"I switched it up and used ham in place of chicken and broccoli in place of mixed veggies. I also add hot sauce to taste. Going to use cream of broccoli soup next time. So easy to vary to any tastes."
"Sounded good, but did not make-too many calories, too much fat and too much sodium"
"My difference is to boil until tender (in as little water as possible):1 onion ? chopped2 small grated carrots1 large stalk celery ? choppedAdd to vegetables:1½ cups broth from chicken3 cups milk½ cup cornstarch1 pound Velveeta CheeseSalt and pepper to tasteSimmer 30 to 45 minutes after cheese melts.Mine is much better than using canned soup and frozen vegetables."