- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add carrots, broccoli and celery; cover and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add flour and stir to make smooth paste. Gradually add chicken broth and milk. Cook until mixture thickens, about 8-10 minutes. Add vegetables; heat until tender. Add cheese; heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Cheese Broccoli Soup
Sort By :
"This soup had no flavor! I added 1tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper and 1/2 teas nutmeg and it was O.K. but it still needed more salt and pepper. How did this recipe get by with no seasonings?"
"This is a great soup very creamy with a perfect taste of all of the vegtables. It is very appealing to eat also!! Very easy to make..... I will make this soup many times in the future. Very happy with the results."
"Great soup and easy to make"
"Quick and easy recipe for a lite lunch"
"Sounded delicious, so we tried it last night. It had no flavor, in spite of adding salt and pepper. We tried several bites and ended up throwing it away. It's too bad, because I love a good broccoli cheese soup."