Nothing tastes better with lasagna than warm bread. This recipe makes just enough for my husband, Dan, and me, but it can be easily doubled to feed a crowd. It has a nice garlic flavor.—Cookie Curci-Wright, San Jose, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 Italian-style roll (6 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut roll in half lengthwise. Combine butter, garlic and cheese;
- spread on the cut sides of roll. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3
- minutes, or microwave on high for 20-30 seconds, or until cheese
- melts. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 134 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.