Cheese Blue Cornmeal Crackers
I found this recipe in an old whole-grain cookbook and changed it to suit our tastes, adding various spices and sesame seeds and replacing the salt and pepper. Now it's a family favorite, and I'm always asked for "my versions"!
42 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup old-fashioned whole oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup blue cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In bowl, beat the cheeses, butter, milk, pepper, garlic powder and
- paprika. Stir in the oats, flour, cornmeal and sesame seeds. Shape
- dough into a 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4
- hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place on baking sheets (lightly greased or
- lined with parchment paper); bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or
- until crisp. Remove immediately to wire racks. Yield: about 7
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 64 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium,