Cheese Blue Cornmeal Crackers Recipe
I found this recipe in an old whole-grain cookbook and changed it to suit our tastes, adding various spices and sesame seeds and replacing the salt and pepper. Now it's a family favorite, and I'm always asked for "my versions"!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. YIELD:42 servings
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup old-fashioned whole oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup blue cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1. In bowl, beat the cheeses, butter, milk, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Stir in the oats, flour, cornmeal and sesame seeds. Shape dough into a 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place on baking sheets (lightly greased or lined with parchment paper); bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Remove immediately to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 64 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC