Cheese Beef Burritos Recipe
After a busy day, this is a dish that I can get on the table fast. The recipe came about totally by accident: I started throwing things together and soon I had a winner! Everyone who has tried these burritos goes home with the recipe. —Amanda Alford, Hopedale, Illinois
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve Santa Fe whole grain rice medley
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) salsa
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), thinly sliced
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Optional additional ingredients: torn leaf lettuce, chopped onion, chopped sweet red pepper, sour cream and shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. Heat rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble beef into a 4-qt. microwave-safe dish. Add corn and beans; mix well. Microwave, covered, on high 4-5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and cheese; microwave 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Stir in rice.
Spoon 3/4 cup beef mixture near the center of each tortilla; add additional ingredients of your choice. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
Freeze option: Cool beef mixture before making burritos; omit lettuce and sour cream from filling options. Individually wrap burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, remove foil; place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until heated through, turning once. Let stand 15 seconds. Carefully open burritos and add additional filling ingredients as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burrito (calculated without toppings): 452 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1115mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 9g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Cheese Beef Burritos
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC