Cheese Beef Burritos
After a busy day, this is a dish that I can get on the table fast. The recipe came about totally by accident: I started throwing things together and soon I had a winner! Everyone who has tried these burritos goes home with the recipe. —Amanda Alford, Hopedale, IL
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve Santa Fe whole grain rice medley
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) salsa
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), thinly sliced
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Optional additional ingredients: torn leaf lettuce, chopped onion, chopped sweet red pepper, sour cream and shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble beef
- into a 4-qt. microwave-safe dish. Add corn and beans; mix well.
- Microwave, covered, on high 4-5 minutes or until beef is no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in salsa and cheese; microwave 2-3 minutes longer
- or until cheese is melted. Stir in rice.
- Spoon 3/4 cup beef mixture near the center of each tortilla; add
- additional ingredients of your choice. Fold bottom and sides of
- tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burrito (calculated without toppings) equals 452 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 1,115 mg sodium,