- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm chicken broth (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/4 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Onion salt, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm broth. Add the sugar, butter, salt, poultry seasoning, egg and 1 cup of flour; beat until smooth. Add 1 cup of cheese and the remaining flour; stir for 1 minute.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Stir the batter down, about 25 strokes. Spread evenly into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onion salt if desired. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Cheese Batter Bread in Country Extra January 1999, p51
Reviews for Cheese Batter Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review