"My husband and I and our friends from church love to dig into this creamy, savory cheese ball," says Shelby Finger of Hickory, North Carolina. "It's an appealing addition to any snack buffet."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices (3/4 ounce each) fat-free sharp cheddar cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup minced fully cooked lean ham
- Fresh vegetables or reduced-fat crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cheeses. Add onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic
- powder and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Shape into a ball and roll in
- ham. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with
- vegetables or crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One 2-tablespoon serving (calculated without crackers or vegetables) equals 24 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat.