Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices (3/4 ounce each) fat-free sharp cheddar cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup minced fully cooked lean ham
- Fresh vegetables or reduced-fat crackers
- 1. In a bowl, beat the cheeses. Add onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Shape into a ball and roll in ham. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 24 calories, trace fat (0g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 lean meat
Reviews for Cheese Ball
"The ham creates a completely new taste for the cheese ball, very smooth and tasty."
"Have made this one many times, always a hit."