Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices (3/4 ounce each) fat-free sharp cheddar cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup minced fully cooked lean ham
- Fresh vegetables or reduced-fat crackers
- 1. In a bowl, beat the cheeses. Add onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Shape into a ball and roll in ham. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
One 2-tablespoon serving (calculated without crackers or vegetables) equals 24 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat.