Cheese Ball Spread Recipe
"This rich creamy spread looks so festive with flecks of green onion and red pimiento dotting with cheddar cheese," relates field editor Sundra Hauck of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "It's a crowd-pleaser at any party."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:20 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in cheddar cheese, onions, pimientos, butter and Worcestershire sauce. Press into a small bowl; smooth top. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before unmolding. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (1-1/2 cups).
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 91 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC