"My husband and I and our friends from church love to dig into this creamy, savory cheese ball," says Shelby Finger of Hickory, North Carolina. "It's an appealing addition to any snack buffet."
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices (3/4 ounce each) fat-free sharp cheddar cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup minced fully cooked lean ham
- Fresh vegetables or reduced-fat crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cheeses. Add onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Shape into a ball and roll in ham. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Onion Cheese Ball in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p17
Reviews for Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2013
"The ham creates a completely new taste for the cheese ball, very smooth and tasty."
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2009
"Have made this one many times, always a hit."