"My husband and I and our friends from church love to dig into this creamy, savory cheese ball," says Shelby Finger of Hickory, North Carolina. "It's an appealing addition to any snack buffet."
Featured In: Top 10 Cheese Balls
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices (3/4 ounce each) fat-free sharp cheddar cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup minced fully cooked lean ham
- Fresh vegetables or reduced-fat crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cheeses. Add onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Shape into a ball and roll in ham. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Onion Cheese Ball in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p17
Reviews for Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2013
"The ham creates a completely new taste for the cheese ball, very smooth and tasty."
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2009
"Have made this one many times, always a hit."