Cheese Asparagus Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sliced sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place asparagus on paper towels; pat dry.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cheese sauce and mayonnaise. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin. Spread cheese mixture over each to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top each with 2 pieces of asparagus; roll up. Brush with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- 3. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 14 servings.
1 each: 237 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Cheese Asparagus Roll-Ups
"I've made these with cream cheese & chives plenty of times. I never thought of using process cheese and mayo, sounds delicious. Next time I make these it will be this recipe. Thank you...I know I will like them."